Little reminders. Do you pay attention to them? I've learned over the years that little reminders can have a big impact on my inner peace, my focus, my daily outlook, and my creativity. Having inner peace lets me tap into my creativity better, so I am very intentional about actively cultivating an inner calm. I've created a strategy of incorporating activities, and planting little reminders throughout my day so that I check in with myself, to make sure that I am living each day at my highest frequency, with a calm mind, and am always open to my creative muse. Here are some of my favorite ways to remind myself to live with intention:
- I love to start my day with yoga or meditation, even if only for a few minutes.
- Tea. I start and end my day with a cup of herbal tea. The process of making a cup of tea gives me a few minutes to reflect and clear my mind.
- Wear shirts with positive messages by one of my favorite brands: SuperLoveTees.
- Hang Inspirational wall decor in my home and office from artists like Brian Andreas of Story People
- I keep a smudge stick on my desk; every time I glance at it, I do a mental check in with myself.
- I surround myself with colors and items that I resonate with.
- Gratitude. I eat most of my meals out of a bowl that says "What are you grateful for?" It is a perfect reminder to stop and be grateful for all of the blessings in my life.
- Wearing bells on my bracelets are a wonderful way to remind myself to take a minute. When it's quiet in the evenings and I am putting my son Jai to bed, and I hear my bells jingle, it reminds me to take a moment and give thanks for all of the blessings in my life.
- Wearing intentional jewelry is one of my favorite ways to be mindful. I love the work of Jeanine Payer, and Zenned Out , to name a few.
Do you use mindfulness reminders? I'd love to hear what you do to find your inner peace. Feel free to comment below.