No Tucson Gem Show, but you can save 10%! And Gem Show Shopping Tips.
WomanShopsWorld won't be setting up in Tucson this year. I'm a bit on the fence about it, because I LOVE to meet you all in person and talk all things tassels, and I'll miss that opportunity. But I must tell you: it is SUCH a relief to not have the stress of doing a show. This came about rather unexpectedly, when our show promoter let us know about half way through last year that she was moving our show to a casino pretty far out of town. After lots of thought and debate, we decided that we didn't feel like it was a good move, and that we were going to sit it out this year for the gem show.
To make up for our absence in Tucson, we are offering all online customers 10% off through Feb. 15!
Use code TUCSON2018 to save 10% on your order!
We love the shows and Tucson so much that we could never completely miss out on the experience. We've actually been in Tucson for almost a month already, working while basking in the sun, soaking up the desert air, and counting down the days until the shows start. We're so excited to finally have the chance to visit some of the shows that we normally can't get to, as we're usually tied up in our own booth.
For those of you who are coming to the shows, especially those of you who have never been to Tucson before, I wanted to share some of my gem show tips. I've been shopping the shows for 13 years now, so I've learned a thing or two about how to stay productive and feeling good! Here are some tips:
- Drink a LOT of water every day so you don’t get dehydrated.
- Bring several copies of your resale license
- Bring some stickers with business name, address, phone number, and resale license number printed on them (return address stickers work really well!) This will save you so much time!
- Remember to call your credit card companies before you leave and let them know that you are going shopping at a trade show.
- Have credit cards and cash. Not all dealers will have a credit card machine.
- Bring a caliper if bead size is important to you.
- Put the receipt and a business card or postcard from each vendor in the bag so you know who you bought what from when you get home.
- Have a shopping list so that you don’t get completely overwhelmed.
- Shop around some before you buy.
- Get a map at each show and make notes on it so you can keep track of who you want to come back to and what you want to buy.
- Bring a sharpie with you so you can mark on bags.
- Bring a tote bag or backpack for your purchases.
- If you plan to buy heavy rocks or stones, bring a wheelie bag so that you don’t have to carry everything.
- Have a budget so you don’t overspend.
- Save some room in your budget for things that you didn’t plan on buying…. You will find LOTS of things that you have to have.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Wear layers; it’s cold in the morning and hot during the afternoon. It’s really hard to make decisions when you’re too hot or too cold.
- Wear sunscreen; the desert sun is harsh!
- Do some research before you arrive on what shows you want to attend.
- Download the Tucson Gem Show App: https://www.visittucson.org/gem-show-app . It’s a really helpful guide to the shows.
If you have any tips, do share them in the comments below!
Leave a comment