The Magical Meanings of 15 Different Colors and How to Work With Them
by Blog Contributor Eryn Johnson, July 2018, updated January 2022
If you’ve shopped with Woman Shops World before, you know how much we love color.
But it’s not just because color is beautiful and fun. Did you know that each color has its own vibrational energy that impacts your feelings, mood, and thoughts?
You can use specific colors as manifestation colors in many different ways to channel a specific kind of energy:
- Wear them as clothing
- Wear them as jewelry (our favorite!)
- Eat different colored foods
- Paint the walls of your home
- Create art focused around specific colors, and more!
The sky is the limit, really. Many of us wonder: "what is the best color for manifestation?"or "What color represents protection?" Scroll through the list below to discover the meanings behind the colors you see every day— we bet some of them will surprise you!
- Black. Black is the color of protection, banishing, grounding, and safety. Feel like your sense of safety has been shaken in the craziness of the world recently? Wear and work with black to reestablish boundaries, protect your energy, banish negative energy, and ground down into more security and safety. Shop black at Woman Shops World here.
Blue. Blue is associated with forgiveness, harmony, astral projection, and the throat chakra. Use it to open your throat chakra (your center of communication and boundary setting) to help you find and use your voice. You can also use it to create more harmony in your life, work with the astral realm if you’re into that sort of thing, and cultivate forgiveness of yourself and of others. Shop blue at Woman Shops World here.
- Indigo. Want to open your third eye chakra, connect with your intuition, and develop your psychic abilities? Work with indigo. This color is great to help you with divination, meditation, and connecting with your own psychic abilities. Shop indigo at Woman Shops World here.
- Brown. Brown is great for blessing your home and working with the earth. If you’re feeling disconnected from nature, if you’re moving into a new space, or you’re feeling stuck in your head with a lot of anxious thoughts, wear and work with brown! Shop brown at Woman Shops World here.
- Copper. Copper is associated with money, success, and career growth— think of the coins in the tarot in the most traditional sense of the world. Work with copper to call more money and career opportunities into your life. Shop copper at Woman Shops World here.
Gold. The color gold is, of course, associated with the energy of the sun. Because of this, it’s also associated with sacred masculine energy, health, and good fortune. Work with gold to connect with the more active or yang side of yourself and cultivate good health! Shop gold at Woman Shops World here.
- Orange. Orange is associated with your sacral chakra, the center of your creativity, passion, and sexuality. Wear and work with orange to cultivate this energy and to create more joy and pleasure in your every day life. Shop orange at Woman Shops world here.
Pink. Pink is the color of nurturing, emotional healing, and harmony. Work with pink to create more Libra-style bliss in your life, nurture yourself and others, and prioritize self-care. Shop pink at Woman Shops World here.
Purple. Purple was traditionally the color of royalty. It’s associated with wisdom, spiritual power, independence, and understanding. Work with purple to connect with your own wisdom and spiritual power, and to open greater realms of understanding within yourself. Shop purple beads, tassels, poms, and more at Woman Shops World here.
- Green. Green is associated with abundance, attraction, manifestation, growth, and plant magic. Use it to connect with the earth, to manifest your desires, and to facilitate your own personal growth. Shop green at Woman Shops World here!
Red. Red is the color of passion, sexuality, courage, and the fire element. Work with red when you want to channel the energy of fire, such as when you’re working on a new creative project, when you’re with your romantic partner, or when you need an extra dose of bravery and confidence. Shop red at Woman Shops World here.
- Silver. Silver is the color of dreams, meditation, and the moon. Use silver to tune in to the phase of the moon (and your own phases!), your feminine energy, receive messages in your dreams, and quiet your mind for meditation. Shop silver at Woman Shops World here.
- White. White is associated with truth, aura balancing, peace, and cleansing. You can wear and use white in your home to balance your aura, cleanse your chakras and your energy field, and cultivate more peace in your life. Shop white beads, tassels, and more at Woman Shops World here.
Yellow. Yellow is the color of inspiration, pleasure, happiness, and the element of air. Wear and work with yellow when you need to get inspired, when you want to bring more pleasure and joy into your life, and when you want to manifest travel! Shop yellow at Woman Shops World today.
Not only can you use these colors in your life going forward, you might also like to take a look at how you’re already using these colors in your life. Don’t feel aligned with the energy of the color you always wear or the color painted in certain rooms of your home? Now that you know more about color meanings, you can change it!
Explore the candy land of colors at Woman Shops World to work with each of these magical colors.
About Eryn Johnson:
Eryn is a yoga teacher, freelance writer, and social media manager currently based in Philadelphia. She completed her 200-hour teacher training in Rishikesh, India where she became obsessed with mantra chanting, yoga philosophy, and chai tea. When she’s not doing yoga, she’s planning her next trip, hosting the Living Open podcast, or eating Thai food. Follow along with her adventures on Instagram at @erynj_ and at www.livingopenshow.com
Want to create your own colorful magic?
Download The Art of Mala Making today!
Just recieved a himalayan salt lamp with different colors,hopefully will recieve some peacefulness and positive effects
Leave a comment