Cultivating Abundance in the New Year
by Blog Contributor Eryn Johnson
It’s that time of year where we’re all planning, dreaming, visioning, and manifesting what we want to build, create, and receive in the new year.
In this blog, I’m sharing some ways to cultivate abundance in the new year through spiritual practice!
1. Work with green. Green is the color of abundance! Not just for money, but also because of its relationship with the heart chakra.
In the yogic tradition, the heart chakra is our center of receiving. So when you work with green, not only are you calling abundance to you but you’re opening yourself up to actually receive that abundance as well.
At Woman Shops World, we love color! Some of my favorite green picks to include in your next creation are Green White Bone Beads, Green Scalloped Leaves trim, Emerald Green Natural Acai Beads, and Mossy Green Silky Luxe Tassels.
2. Chant mantra. Use the power of your voice to cultivate abundance with one of these mantras:
- Om Namoh Lakshmi, Om Namoh Lakshmi, Om Namoh Lakshmi, Prema Devi Mataji. This mantra is a chant to the Hindu goddess of abundance, Lakshmi, and it translates to “Oh Mother Lakshmi! Goddess of good fortune, prosperity, and beauty. Goddess of love, I bow to you.”
- Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha. Call on the Hindu god Ganesha to remove any obstacles to creating and receiving the abundance you desire with this chant. It translates to “Salutations to Ganesha, the remover/breaker of obstacles, we call your name!”
You could also work with affirmations instead of mantras. Try out one of these, or create your own:
- Abundance flows to me, and I receive freely
- I receive my desires with ease and joy
- I live an abundant life
- My income is constantly increasing (from Louise Hay)
- I prosper wherever I turn (from Louise Hay)
- I am a magnet for my desires
- I am a magnet for abundance
- I always have everything that I need
- Money is always flowing to me
- All good things flow into my life easily
3. Meditate. Try a meditation to clear any blockages in your energy field that are keeping you from receiving. Before you start, set the intention to open yourself up to let abundance flow through you.
Then, starting at your crown chakra, visualize the color associated with the chakra and chant the bija (seed) mantra for the chakra to yourself silently or out loud. The colors and mantras associated with each chakra are as follows:
- Crown chakra: Violet, Om
- Third eye chakra: Indigo, Om
- Throat chakra: Blue, Ham
- Heart chakra: Green, Yam
- Solar plexus chakra: Yellow, Ram
- Sacral chakra: Orange, Vam
- Root chakra: Red, Lam
Spend as much time on each chakra as you like. After you finish your root chakra, spend a few moments visualizing the gold or green energy of abundance flowing through you with ease and joy.
What practices do you use in your life to call in abundance each day? We would love to hear from you! Comment below and share.
Want to create your own abundant magic?
Download The Art of Mala Making today!
Leave a comment